My photo-journal of sorts.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 8


Haircut

It was time. I was avoiding it. I loved his long soft locks and nuzzling them, but his hair wouldn't stay out of his face no matter what I tried. So during a short break in the storms of yesterday I took him outside and sheared his hair. It's cute, but it makes him look too grown up to me. It will be good for summer though and I take comfort in knowing it should be grown back by next autumn.





Being a Big Sister Entails...

This is one of the days I wish I had my real camera. The cell phone camera is pretty decent for outdoor shots, but the lowlight of the indoors leaves much to be desired. There were several cuter ones but they were too blury to salvage.

Kadence carried Phelan around a lot yesterday, she even figured out how to give him a piggy back ride which she was VERY excited about. In the morning Phelan woke up first and came with me in her room to wake her up. As soon as she was sitting up he went over and plopped down on her lap and then pinned her back down to the bed in a GIANT full body bear hug. She giggled as she wrapped her arms around him in return. I waited. A few minutes later they were still both awake snuggling but it was time to prepare for school. I told Phelan to get up so Kadence could get ready, to which he said, "But Mooom, I just love her!!!" and she chipped in "Yeah, we just love eachother." Finally, upon insistence by me, they parted, but not before several kisses were bestowed to one another. Such sweet siblings.





Snow and Blossoms

Yesterday it rained and then hailed and then snowed. All of our blossoms on the trees have been ravaged. The snow has melted again now, but the ground is still white with the evidence of the wreckage. The pitiful devastation of Spring. The temperature this morning is 32.

At least they will always be beautiful in the memories of Day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment